Once upon a time in 1997,
There was a moment where I died and went to heaven.
September 30 happened to be the day,
When all of my problems seemed to go away.
I was with a girl, we began to talk,
After awhile, we decided to walk.
Lonely was I, hoping she’d stay,
That she did, and took my breath away.
A kiss from nowhere we couldn’t understand,
But I kissed her again and took her hand.
We walked a bit further then kissed again,
It felt like something that would never end.
Months went by and our passion would grow,
I began to love her more than she would know.
That night on her birthday, I got down on one knee,
I looked up to her and asked, "Will you marry me?"
One month later in church I stand,
Watching her walk toward me, so elegant and grand.
My heart was racing, one hundred beats at least,
When she looked in my eyes, I was completely at peace.
Tears in her eyes, she was nervous too,
But it didn’t stop her from saying, "I do."
Newlyweds, a life so careless and free,
On September 15, we became a family of three.
As beautiful as an emerald stone, carefully made,
This was our first child. We named her Jade.
Even with change in our lives, we loved even more,
On November 8 of next year, we were a family of four.
Radiant in the sky so bright,
We named her Starla, a little ray of light.
Even though I pledged my love, my mind was young,
I did some things I should’ve known were wrong.
The girl left me, questioning our love,
I stood alone in the mess I wove.
Convincing her I’d change, everything I tried,
She wouldn’t listen. Many nights I cried.
I came to see my family one day,
All of us together again, I couldn’t stay.
The sight before me I couldn’t bear to see,
Knowing she might not even love me.
As I walked toward the door staring to cry,
She said she loved me and wiped the tears from my eyes.
Together again, our love was alive,
Before long, we became a family of five.
More independent and strong-willed as the others,
Her name was Piper. She looked like her mother.
Four girls in the house, was there no hope for me?
I didn’t worry. I waited patiently.
Our loves abound, the clock slowly ticks,
Two years later, we were a family of six.
Handsome and strong, I waited eight years since,
His name was Anakin, our little prince.
Our family was complete, our love still growing,
What was in our future, none of us knowing.
Nine years together, they have gone so fast,
Knowing true love, many said wouldn’t last.
There was a day when I died and went to heaven,
When I fell in love with a girl named Ellen.
There was a moment where I died and went to heaven.
September 30 happened to be the day,
When all of my problems seemed to go away.
I was with a girl, we began to talk,
After awhile, we decided to walk.
Lonely was I, hoping she’d stay,
That she did, and took my breath away.
A kiss from nowhere we couldn’t understand,
But I kissed her again and took her hand.
We walked a bit further then kissed again,
It felt like something that would never end.
Months went by and our passion would grow,
I began to love her more than she would know.
That night on her birthday, I got down on one knee,
I looked up to her and asked, "Will you marry me?"
One month later in church I stand,
Watching her walk toward me, so elegant and grand.
My heart was racing, one hundred beats at least,
When she looked in my eyes, I was completely at peace.
Tears in her eyes, she was nervous too,
But it didn’t stop her from saying, "I do."
Newlyweds, a life so careless and free,
On September 15, we became a family of three.
As beautiful as an emerald stone, carefully made,
This was our first child. We named her Jade.
Even with change in our lives, we loved even more,
On November 8 of next year, we were a family of four.
Radiant in the sky so bright,
We named her Starla, a little ray of light.
Even though I pledged my love, my mind was young,
I did some things I should’ve known were wrong.
The girl left me, questioning our love,
I stood alone in the mess I wove.
Convincing her I’d change, everything I tried,
She wouldn’t listen. Many nights I cried.
I came to see my family one day,
All of us together again, I couldn’t stay.
The sight before me I couldn’t bear to see,
Knowing she might not even love me.
As I walked toward the door staring to cry,
She said she loved me and wiped the tears from my eyes.
Together again, our love was alive,
Before long, we became a family of five.
More independent and strong-willed as the others,
Her name was Piper. She looked like her mother.
Four girls in the house, was there no hope for me?
I didn’t worry. I waited patiently.
Our loves abound, the clock slowly ticks,
Two years later, we were a family of six.
Handsome and strong, I waited eight years since,
His name was Anakin, our little prince.
Our family was complete, our love still growing,
What was in our future, none of us knowing.
Nine years together, they have gone so fast,
Knowing true love, many said wouldn’t last.
There was a day when I died and went to heaven,
When I fell in love with a girl named Ellen.
8 comments:
OMG that is SOOO Sweet Ellen!!!
Aw, Sounds like Stephen is a sweetheart! :) What a lucky gal!
That is so sweet.. You can just hear the love in it!
That is so sweet. What a lucky woman you are!
That is awesome Ellen.....Stephen is so sweet!
That is so sweet!!! You have such a great hubby and family!
Wow! That's so sweet and what a testament to your love!
What a cool thing for him to do!!! That is so awesome. He is really talented!
Post a Comment