Its 10:50 p.m and I just got the kids to bed for the 2nd time. I put them to bed at 9 p.m but everyone wanted to keep getting up, so being the awfully mean mother I am I made them all get up and help me clean the house! We cleaned out from under the beds, mopped and everything. Now everyone is tired and ready for bed! Anakin is of course not as ready as the rest of them. Plus I am making him sleep in his toddler bed. He has got to get out of the habit of sleeping with me. He is going to start sleeping in his toddler bed again until I can get the bunks, and for now Piper is back to sharing a bed with Starla. We also had to put Zelda, our puppy, outside. She keeps pooping on the floor! I don't think the girls take her out for long enough periods of time, but they were pretty upset about her going outside, so maybe they will start taking her out long enough when I let them bring her in again. I have really relaxed on the house rules this summer, trying to give them more play time and less chore time, but I warned them that is changing tomorrow. They will get back to doing dishes right after supper, and cleaning their rooms before bed. I really tried not to be so obsessive with the house work, and I am not as bad as I was, I don't stress over it to the point where the housework comes 1st, we have to find a happy medium.
Now Anakin is out of bed saying he has to poop! I am about to shorten his nap time! Maybe he will go to bed easier. Stephen mentioned in his blog it took him until 11 to get Anakin to bed last night, and here it is 11 tonight and he is still up! I have got to fix this before I start working!
Ohh and did I mention Jade and Starla now have a pet frog! They found it in the yard last week, the same day I took apart the fish tank, so now there is a frog living in the fish tank! He is HUGE! I told them the 1st time he gets out they have to set him free! They catch bugs to put in his tank for him, and they took him outside to play today! lol
No comments:
Post a Comment